'I Want to Go Home': Why Bato Offered to Resign For the Second Time


Philippine National Police chief Ronald Dela Rosa told cops on Monday that he offered to resign again but President Rodrigo Duterte refused.



Speaking to police officers at Camp Crame, Dela Rosa thought the flag ceremony that day would havce a new PNP chief in place.

"I have tendered my resignation to the President the other day. Akala (ko) ngayong Monday na ito, hindi na ako haharap sa inyo. I really tendered my resignation. Baka akala ninyo kapit tuko ako sa position," Dela Rosa said.

Bato explained that he wanted to resign to save the image of the PNP amid the controversy over the kidnap-slay case of Korean businessman Jee Ick-Loo wherein several cops are implicated.



"I am already tired. I am very much ashamed. I am very much embarrassed. I am very much disappointed. I ran out of reason for my continued stay as your chief PNP. Gusto kong i-save ang imahe ng PNP. I don't want that the remaining years in the service is contributory to the further demise of the once very highly appreciative organization," Dela Rosa said.

He added: "Baka akala nyo masaya ako sa pagiging chief PNP. I want to go home. I want to go home to Davao. I tendered my resignation, that immediate retirement. I want to retire that day. Ayaw ko na i-further pa yung kahihiyan na atin ngayon tinatamo dahil sa ating mga kasamahan na wala nang disiplina. Puro pagka demonyo na ang nasa utak."

Duterte, however, rejected Dela Rosa's resignation, ordering the PNP chief instead to focus on cleaning out rogue cops from their ranks.



This is the second time Dela Rosa has offered his resignation. Earlier in January, Duterte also said no to his resignation.



Source / Image: ABS-CBN

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...