Duterte Attacks Media for Not Listening


President Rodrigo Duterte took a swipe at media for allegedly “not listening” to his statements.



"The media is not listening. All they hear is about martial law. I'm not stupid; I'm brighter than them. And frankly, if they [journalists] are brighter than me, they should have been here [in my place as the country's leader]," said Duterte.  

The response, delivered in his message at the 20th anniversary of the Premiere Medical Center in Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija, was regarding to sprawling media reports that he will declare martial law if the problem on drugs becomes “virulent”.

"The newspaper said, 'Duterte [to declare] martial law.' I will not declare Martial. And if will declare Martial law, I won’t make noise. And if you ask for my basis, son of a b****, you don't have to interfere. Shut up all," he added.


It was this weekend when news regarding Duterte hinting for a martial law declaration broke, even noting that no one could stop him doing it so if he wanted to.

Duterte clarified that there is no “compelling” reason for him to proclaim martial law, furthermore, he still see his position as a task ordained by God and there is no reason for him to abuse that power.

"I feel, as the president, that [if] I have to preserve my country, I will declare Martial law. But if you say [it's because of] peace and order, the military is right that there is no compelling reason [for me to do so]," the President explained.


The Palace formerly stressed that the President has no “fascist tendency” to declare one. 



Source: Sun Star

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...