Duterte Regrets His Mom Never Saw Him President


The strongman President Rodrigo Duterte bares his soft version as he paid tribute to his late mother during the celebration of Women's Month in MalacaƱang on Friday



Duterte expressed his regret that his mother, Soledad Roa, never saw him to become President of the country. 

“I finished high school for seven years. Kung saan-saan ako (I attended different schools). But my sorrow really is that makita lang naman niya sana ako naging Presidente (I wish she saw me become President)," he said.



But just like him, he knew that his mother, also known as Nanay Soling, may not believe his ascendance to presidency. 

“But, of course, alam ko na hindi rin siya maniwala. Eh pati nga ako eh kung manalo ako (I know that she would not have believed it. Even I could not believe that I won),” he said.



He shared that Nanay Soling had been into a lot of sacrifices to work for all of them after his father died earlier. 

"I’ve always been close to my mother; she was the one who stood by me,” he added.



He also recalled when Nanay Soling had nervous breakdown were she slept for a year and when she recovered, worked hard to pay their debts and to send them to school. 

He also noted how his mother had a difficult time when he took his law degree in San Beda. 



Many instances were reported how the President show his softer side when he used to visit his parents' tomb and wept incessantly. 



Source: Inquirer
Image: Tonyo Cruz | The Summit Express

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...